Monday, May 12, 2008

Heading in the right direction

When I was in high school, we read this story in one of those obscure English books they make you buy…you jua what I’m talking about. So after reading this one ‘special’ story, as I would usually do, I went and wrote my own short story in the computer lab…during class, ah good times.

When I turned in my voluntary composition to my teacher, he couldn’t help but notice the similarities between it and the story we had just read in class. He then proceeded to tell me, (and hopefully not just because of the crushed look I had on my face) that it was pretty good and that just because it was similar to the story we just read didn’t mean it wasn’t good or that it isn’t original in it’s own way. That story, whose name I can’t remember for some reason, inspired me to write my own ‘not so bad’ story, just as daft punk may have influenced the making of just a bands latest production.



This weekend I was watching Kenyan music videos and stumbled across one video…let’s call it video X, that had scenes from an American movie meshed together with some chroma keying that needed help. Hear me when I say, that is NOT the way to move forward, this is http://www.youtube.com/justabandwidth

No comments: